skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Irrational Number and Pi Google Page.
When you locate information for your assignment you are to take notes on the packet provided in class and then write a response in YOUR words. You are NOT to copy and paste any information from the website into your report.
5 comments:
Mrs. Landin-
On Thursday last week, you gave me my work to complete for Friday. Now, I cannot seem to find it, and I think I left it in class. Can I make it up on Monday, when I am back in class?
I have more than 10 sources, should I rate all 11????
Catherine--please check your g-mail e-mail account as I have sent you the documents you need. You may use 11 sourse but they all need to be included on your documentation sheet.
What information needs to be on the resource spreadsheet?
The information from the page that list 6 items:
Criteria for Examining a Web Site
1. Who is the author or sponsor of the site? What authority do they bring to the preparation of this material? In other words, what qualifications and reputation do they have?
2. How accurate is the information? Do you find misspellings, inactive links, and other types of errors?
3. How current is the page? When was the page last updated? For some issues currency is not relevant and even archived materials would be acceptable. For others it is essential that you are examining the most recent material possible.
4. What is the purpose of the page? Did the author or authors post the material to inform, to persuade, to entertain, to deceive, or to address still some other need.
5. An examination of the purpose of the page leads to an understanding of how objectively the content has been presented. For example, if the purpose of the page is to convince you to purchase a particular item or to promote a particular view, you have reason to question the objectivity of the page.
6. Does the site relate well to your intended use of the material? The appropriateness of a site is directly related to how you plan to use the material that you collect there. For example, if you are preparing a research paper it would be inappropriate to use material from an individual’s homepage that merely reflected that individual’s opinion.
Post a Comment